When you book your hen weekend at dove farm, you can be sure of a fun and flexible hen venue, come rain or shine
Sleeps 16-18 guests, in 7 bedrooms + sofa bed,
Enjoy being surrounded by nature and open countryside on our farm, with all your home comforts and decent WiFi too.
This group of three cottages has 4 x bathrooms and 3 well equipped kitchens for self-catering. You also have exclusive use of our Dove studio dining room
, patio garden with BBQ and a separate fire-pit area.
The perfect setting for a bespoke hen weekend in the country. The theme and ambience is up to you. You might choose to get the party started with a cocktail masterclass
or head out for adrenalin and adventure.keep scrolling for more activities and ideas
PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME SUPPLIERS MAY BE UNABLE TO PROVIDE SERVICES AS LISTED, DUE TO LOCKDOWN AND THE EFFECT ON THEIR BUSINESSES.
YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE YOUR OWN ENQUIRIES.We can put up a daytime tent in one of our nearby fields, so you can spill out into your own little hencamp? you could even add a couple of extra guests to your party, if they bring a tent with them. It won't be glamping, but they will be close to cottages and all facilities - let's call it comfy camping!
So, what are you waiting for? Gather your girls, book your hen event at dove farm, and create a weekend of memories, right here on the Staffordshire Derbyshire border.
Getting here is easy. Details on how to find us
here. location on google maps
Ample parking space at the farm, but always better to car share if you can?
Travelling by train? Nearest branch line station is in Uttoxeter.
Pop over to our Plan your stay
page for information on Taxis, buses and trains.
Food, glorious food...and one or two drinks?
Lots of our dove farm hens do a food shop on the way here, or pre-order a supermarket delivery. Details of local supermarkets and special instructions for supermarket deliveries
are over on Plan your stay
Local catering suppliers can provide dinner parties and buffet tables to suit all pockets and tastes.
All you need to worry about is dressing up and getting glam. Tableware and washing up taken care of too.
Budget conscious? Why not mix and match?
Order in starters and mains, then you can follow on with your own
after-dinner treats. The caterers can get on with clearing up, whilst you extend the evening with hen party fun around the table with your girls.
Ann’s catering (run by husband and wife team Chris and Jane)
Local business. Good value dinner parties or buffet menu, served with a smile. Do verify prices before ordering, as their website is not regularly updated. www.annscatering.co.ukFor something special, talk to Karen at Soiree catering.
Dinner parties to impress, beautiful buffets, grazing tables and sharing platters. Local, quality sourcing. sample menus on website www.soireefoodcatering.co.uk For a bespoke and gourmet dining experience try The Dinner party company
run by David and his team. Locally sourced. sample menus on website. Eating out??
From coffees to cocktails; gourmet evening meals to satisfying Sunday lunches. We have put together our suggested eating out
venues, that are happy to cater for group dining. and we've chosen local!A very special "Pub round the corner"
- How about meeting up for drinks, before your check in time at dove farm? or enjoy fine dining at this award winning, country pub-restaurant, that is 5-10 mins walk from your door. www.duncombearms.co.uk
booking essential for dining..Want that country pub ambience? with top quality cuisine at a comfortable price?
And a generous interior space, to comfortably seat your group? We suggest www.roseandcrownmayfield.com
. Sunday lunches extremely popular too! booking essential
Fancy going out out?
how about getting the party started in the afternoon at dove farm?
bring in a cocktail masterclass from the mintcocktailcompany
Plenty of making and tasting, and you get to learn a few new tricks too!
Then, head off to the Bulls Head
in Alton - just 4 miles away - for some glorious food, including vegan and gluten free choices... with a contemporary pub atmosphere. No need to worry about designated drivers if you take advantage of their very own minibus service
. Also in Alton is The Talbot. Check out their regular live music nights.
If you want to venture out out on Saturday night with your dove farm hens, but not too far away, then try this Uttoxeter combo: starting with a few drinks, something to eat, and then some late night dancing. Not exactly Big City lights and sophistication but all good fun and only 10 mins drive away – so taxis home won’t break the bank.
Cocktails at Bear
, then a 5 min walk round the corner to go eat at The White Hart
. Perhaps a drink at The Old Swan Wetherspoons
- late opening hours.
Places to go and things to do
The list of interesting places to visit in our corner of Staffordshire Derbyshire is endless. We have selected our Top 10 choices
for all round appeal and convenience - it's a starting point.
Looking to add in an activity that's a bit different?
we have collected a range of ideas here, to kickstart your hen weekend. If you want to bring organized activities to the farm, please let us know beforehand, so we can advise if we have the facilities to accommodate.
Organising a dance class? yoga class? Need more space? you can hire the Parish hall in Ellastone for a couple of hours. A gentle 10-15 min walk and you’re there. Check out rates and contacts www.ellastone.org
– will love Alton Towers, www.altontowers.com
and will also love that it is right on our doorstep – only 4 miles away!!
Handy if some of your group want to come back to the cottages a bit sooner than everyone else?Paintballing, quadbiking, laser tag and more
- why not get everyone out and have a go? Try www.wildparkderbyshire.com
based just outside Ashbourne. Wildpark are great at supporting groups where there is a mix of abilities and levels of experience!So many amazing walks and cycle trails
– from gentle strolls to full on hiking in the hills. You can see our suggestions here: walks/cyclingOn the Water
- if your friends enjoy sailing, paddle boarding, raft buildiing and windsurfing then try www.carsingtonwater.comClay pigeon shooting
- get competitive with clay pigeon shooting. Try www.doveridgeclaysports.co.uk
based locally and with a range of activities available.Pony trekking
- see the countryside on horseback. www.tissingtontrekkingcentre.co.uk
or www.barleyfields.com are our most local options, and welcome hen groupsEscape rooms
- for a cool headed challenge, try escaping with friends! There's a good choice of games and locations to suit different gaming styles and group sizes. Try break free escape rooms www.escapebreakfree.co.uk/break-free-escape-stoke/
in Stoke (Newcastle under Lyme) , or www.escape-stoke.co.uk
near Matlock.Walking with Llamas
– Our llamas at dove farm are not trained to walk on a halter, so if you want to take a llama for a walk, this could be the treat for you. Try www.llamaadventures.co.uk
in Bramshall, Staffordshire for some local treks.
Arts and Crafts
For the dove farm hens who love crafting & creating – and those who fancy having a go, why not enjoy a creative activity and make a beautiful keepsake to take home. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- if vintage is your thing, then how about a masterclass in make up, hair and styling? Try www.theblusherettes.co.uk
based in Shropshire. They will travel over to dove farm here in Staffordshire.Willow Weaving
– Learn a rural craft - weave some beautiful hearts or little keepsakes of your weekend? Try www.bltihfieldwillowcrafts.co.uk
both are amazingly skilled and available locally.Upcycling a keepsake
– As a group, re-imagine and up-cycle a gift for the wedding or a keepsake to bring home. Try www.hestiahome.co.uk
for workshops in the Peak District.Cheeky knickers and garters
– or wedding bunting. Easy making for the modern girl. Trust www.topdrawerdiva.co.uk
to bring out the creative diva in you. Afternoon tea and crafting
– All sorts of lovely ideas on offer at www.bettys-sewing-box.co.uk
in Ashbourne. There is a café too so why not add afternoon tea?More textile skills
- are your friends creative? How about a “free-motion” machine embroidery workshop to create something special, inspired by nature. Contact www.johilltextiles.co.uk Felting fun
- why not try your hand at some felting fun during your weekend? Try www.feltworld.co.uk
for a range of courses and workshops to fit in over your weekend.Flower arranging
– Learn to make a button hole or simple floral decoration. www.flowersbyema.com
has some beautiful ideas for some natural creativity.Throw a pot
- getting your hands dirty and creating something to take home might be just what your Hen Weekend needs. Try www.theclayrooms.co.uk
in Ashbourne who offer a range of activities to suit all abilities.Top Class cooking and other exceptional experience days
- Learn how to make bread or delicious authentic Indian food. www.experiencedays-staffordshire.co.uk
Gorgeous country house setting, just outside Uttoxeter.Floral Crowns with artisan florist Emily Wisher.
Make some amazing headbands and crowns with your girls. An Instagram gem! www.emilywisher.co.uk
Take your ladies for a Spa Day at one of the specialist hotels in the area, or you can invite therapists to come to Dove Farm. The cottages and Dove Studio work well together as treatment rooms. No need to travel and the bubbly can keep on flowing. You might prefer a holistic, relaxing experience or maybe a touch of glamour with nails and lashes.
Spa Days Away
Did you know you can enjoy a top quality spa day at Alton Towers? www.altontowers.com
so handy - just 4 miles from dove farm.
Standard hotel spa packages at Hoar Cross Hall www.hoarcross.co.uk
which is half an hour away.
Take a short drive out to the excellent Moddershall Oaks in Stone, www.moddershalloaks.com
still only 35mins away.
Ultra natural and beautifully bespoke, try www.rhythmofbeauty.co.uk
, based in Derbyshire and with therapists available locally. (maybe better suited to the smaller group?)Pamper days at the farm
Why not give the lovely ladies a call at Queens of Pamper
? Friendly, professional therapists who are used to setting up their treatments in holiday cottages! They can advise on how many therapists you will need, according to group size, preferred treatments and wait times.
Various,other local pamper companies handle their bookings through Glo Pamper. Make enquiries at www.glo-pamper.co.uk
Or how about...
- exclusive to dove farm
. Jane, co-owner at dove farm, is a trained and intuitive tarot reader. Party readings are ideal for groups of friends. This is where 3 cards are read for each person who wants to take part - it's not necessary for everyone to receive a reading. All within the supportive dynamic of the group. Perfect as a Friday night icebreaker, once everyone has arrived, or over afternoon tea, or as a thought provoking after-dinner entertainment? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
or text 07966 204084Photoshoot
- perhaps you want a lasting memory of your weekend and some professional looking images of your gathering? You can rely on www.amandawhitephotography.com
for a friendly, fun photoshoot.Life drawing
– with prosecco, plenty of giggles, and a nude, male model. All very tastefully organized by www.henpartylifedrawingparties.co.ukZen hens
– limber up and breathe your way into a goddess weekend with www.deborahgreenyoga.co.uk
Outdoors if it’s fine, or to be on the safe side, you could book the village hall for a couple of hours ? so you all have enough stretch space. Wine tasting
guided by an expert. Enjoy a range of beautiful wines and learn something new to impress your friends with! www.wine-discovery.co.uk/wine-tasting-hen-partyAnd more wine tasting
- Learn something new from this Staffordshire family wine business, whilst enjoying a tipple. Try www.wolsleywines.com
for a range of wine tasting options.Gin tasting
and craft masterclass - for those who like their gin, vodka and the taste of excellence – this could be the ideal choice! You can rely on Nelson's Gin Vodka School www.nelsonsdistillery.co.uk/the-gin-vodka-school
for interest and quality. Just a stone's throw away!!Cocktail evening
– if cocktails are your thing, why not try a few and learn how to make them yourselves? A new skill to take away. The boys at www.mintcocktailcompany.com
know how to get the party started. Local business. Professional set up. Great night guaranteed!
Can’t wait to see the photos #dovefarmhens